The Grey and Simcoe Foresters Association is formed of serving and former members of Regiment. The current association replaces the old wartime Regimental Associations which were not open to members of the Regiment.
The goals of the Regimental Association are:
- To Support the Regiment
- To bring all members of the Regiment together; and
- To have an annual dinner of the Association.
Within these guidelines, support to the Regiment is the most visible to its members. Over the last year or so the Association has:
- Sent Christmas packages to all soldiers of the Regiment who were serving overseas. These packages were designed by former soldiers, for soldiers;
- Provided support to the Regiment for the funeral of several members and former members of the Regiment maintaining the links between the present and the past;
- Held their annual dinner at minimal cost and sought new ways to support the Regiment and brought many old friends back together in the spirit of the Regiment;
- Issued their annual newsletter with lots of interesting pictures
- Provided funds so that the book "Scarlet to Green" could be re-printed thus supporting the heritage of the Regiment; and
- Provided financial support to the Regimental Museum so that the Museum could continue to grow and purchase items of great historical interest to the Regiment.
The Grey & Simcoe Foresters Regimental Association is the living embodiment of "Once a Foresters, always a Forester". They are your connection to those who served the Regiment in the past and for them to connect with and continue to support the Regiment.
Who can Join?
The Regimental Association is open to any serving or past serving member of the Regiment regardless of trade; all former Army Cadets who served in the Grey & Simcoe Foresters Sponsored Corps; all volunteer Pipes & Drums members and any Regular Force staff posted or attached to the Regiment now or in the past.
Why are we doing this?
The Regimental Association wants to expand its support to the Regiment but is unable to do so without some support from the Regiment. The Regiment's 150th Anniversary will be upon us sooner than we think. The association is on a membership drive in order that we can enhance our ability to provide effective support to the Regiment and to support the creation of a new History of the Regiment to be published in 2016.